Girls Empowerment Group
Why: As girls enter and move through adolescence, many suffer from a severe drop in self-esteem and self-confidence, reduced interest and achievement in school, and an increase in both depression rates and eating disorders. It is imperative to help girls understand the mixed messages they receive from our culture, develop positive feelings about themselves and their futures, make connections with others, and feel free to express themselves.
Ages: 5th, 6th, and 7th grade girls
What group members will learn:
- How to assert themselves and set healthy boundaries with peers
- Expressing their feelings and concerns with friends, family, and school
- Teasing and bullying, relational aggression
- What is going on with all these changes!! Discussing emotional and physical changes. Separating truth from fiction.
- Body image work, exploring feelings around their bodies, learning to accept themselves and developing healthy eating and exercise habits
- Honoring and acknowledging their differences and accepting themselves as they are
- Social skills; how to make and keep friends
When: The group will be held on Mondays at 5 pm starting on September 21st, 2020. The group will run for six weeks for one hour, from 5-6 pm.
Cost: $325.00 for the 6-week session. Early bird pricing discount of $25.00 if paid by September 8th.
Facilitators: Monica Ramunda, MA, LPC, LCMHC, RPT-S is a Licensed Professional Counselor in both Colorado and North Carolina, and Registered Play Therapist who specializes in working with families and teens. She has also worked at the Girls Leadership Institute and facilitated mother-daughter trainings. Kayle Elliot, is a intern at Rocky Mtn. Counseling Services and a UCD candidate.
Please call or reach out to learn more about the group!