Girls Empowerment Group
Why: As girls enter and move through adolescence, many suffer from a severe drop in self-esteem and self-confidence, reduced interest and achievement in school, and an increase in both depression rates and eating disorders. It is imperative to help girls understand the mixed messages they receive from our culture, develop positive feelings about themselves and their futures, make connections with others, and feel free to express themselves.
Ages: 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade girls
What group members will learn:
- How to assert themselves and set healthy boundaries with peers
- Expressing their feelings and concerns with friends, family, and school
- Teasing and bullying, relational aggression
- What is going on with all these changes!! Discussing emotional and physical changes. Separating truth from fiction.
- Body image work, exploring feelings around their bodies, learning to accept themselves and developing healthy eating and exercise habits
- Honoring and acknowledging their differences and accepting themselves as they are
- Social skills, how to make and keep friends
When: The group will be held either Monday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings, depending on the availability of the group, for one hour. The group will start the week of September 14th. The group will be held online or in-person at 908 Main Street, #370, Louisville, CO, based on community health recommendations.
Cost: $325.00 for the 6-week session. Early bird pricing is available.
Please call or reach out to learn more about the group!